• Needham Funeral Service

    Categories

    Cemetery/Funeral Arrangements/

    About Us

    Our building, located at 520 Dundas Street in London, Ontario, has seen significant change over the years.
    Designed by William Robinson and first erected circa 1870 as a private residence, the original builder and owner was likely James H. Fraser of the law firm Fraser & Fraser. James H. Fraser was a member of the Queen’s Council, a status title given by the monarchy usually to barristers and recognized by the courts.
    This distinctive central London home was built in the Italianate architectural style. The style is characterized by rounded window and door openings, hipped roofs, strongly accentuated corners and cornice brackets which are often paired.
    Unfortunately, due to the extensive renovations over the years, our building has a priority 3 (low) heritage designation.
    After being used as a private residence for approximately 50 years, the building sat vacant for a couple years in the 1920s before being used as a Masonic Temple. Mizra Grotto Temple also served as a girls school during the day (Miss Matthews School) and was also rented on Sundays by a Baptist Church. Other organizations and groups also rented space in the building until 1937/38 when the building became the Harrison & Skinner Funeral Home. Russell Needham purchased Harrison & Skinner Funeral Home in 1949 and it has remained ‘Needham Funeral Home’ ever since.

    Images

    Gallery Image IMG_0934.jpg
    Gallery Image IMG_0975.jpg
    Gallery Image IMG_0993.jpg

    Rep/Contact Info

    Ms. Lisa Timpany
    Managing Director