London Business COVID-19 Portal - updated Apr 22
Welcome to the London Business COVID-19 Portal
The London Chamber of Commerce and the London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) and London Chamber have partnered to develop this resource hub for London businesses during COVID-19.
Things are changing on a minute-by-minute basis and we continue to hear about the need to better navigate the resources that are currently available.
You asked, we listened. To achieve this we're streamlining the information and resources available during COVID-19 and are capturing them on this portal.
We are committed to work together and provide valuable resources for our business community.
It's our hope that through streamlining communication, we can be your one-stop shop for finding valuable, reliable, and up-to-date resources and information that are being shared at the local, provincial, and federal government levels.
Stay resilient, London! We're in this together.
Find the following in this portal
- Members: How You Can Help
- Financial Supports
- Business Assistance and Services
- Helpful Articles
The London Chamber of Commerce is here to support business during these challenging economic conditions. Consider us your one-stop-shop for everything COVID-19 - we're here to connect you to the information you need and the answers you're looking for.
Have an innovative idea to support local businesses during COVID-19? Facing a challenge and exploring your options?
Let's generate solutions together.
We are all in this together. Stay healthy, stay safe, and stay resilient.
members - how You Can help:
Attention manufacturers! The Government of Ontario is currently looking for CLEAN ROOMS for the production of COVID-19 supplies. If you can offer your facilities, please contact Jason Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org
is the main distributor for pandemic response of logistics and inventory for the Southwest Region of Ontario. They are in need of additional warehouse space for pandemic supplies Click here for details.
The Government of Ontario announced a new website to help businesses work with the province to meet the challenges of COVID-19. Any business that could produce – or reconfigure to produce – essential equipment, from ventilators and masks to swabs and eye-protection, is encouraged to visit the Ontario Together webpage.
Funding for COVID-19 supplies and technology:
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
Financial relief from Canada's six largest banks - click here to learn more.
C$10 billion will be available to SMEs through the Business Development Bank (BDC).
Chamber Member and Community Partner Led Complimentary Offerings
Work from Home Assistance:
Consys Group - 1 free remote access to chamber members, 1 free hour of IT remote support, Free dark web monitoring scan of your business domain due to increased phishing scams happening. Free IT consulting
Free Business Services:
Alarmtech Systems for Life is offering a free live remote consultation to design a security system that can be installed by the client at their home or small business. Live, remote assistance from our tech team during the installation.
Online Learning You Can Do From Home:
KPMG – April 22 – Building a Virtual Workforce
Chamber Plan – April 22 – Supporting Mental Health During the Pandemic
Consys Group – Apr 23 – Why does cybersecurity matter more than ever during the coronavirus pandemic?
OCC – April 23 – Cross Border Transportation During COVID-19
London Economic Development Corporation
April 17 – The Economic Impact of COVID-19
April 20 – Not for Profit Webinar Series
Nurdanpinar Solutions for Human Performance
Apr 8 & 9 – Transitioning to a remote workplace.
Ontario Chamber of Commerce
The Ivey Academy
April 16 – Lessons from History – Stock Market Crashes, Recoveries, Pandemics and Wars
*If you are a Chamber member who is offering free services specific to the COVID-19 crisis and would like to have them included on this page, please email the details and a link to Kristen@londonchamber.com
General Business Planning
Support to Businesses
- Overview of the Ontario and Federal Government's financial support for businesses
- If your tourism agency or small-to-medium sized business is affected by COVID-19, Canada's Regional Development Agencies can help you keep your business running
- The Government of Canada has launched a COVID-19 Economic Response Plan. Discover support being offered to businesses
- The Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) will allow the Business Development Bank of Canada and Export Development Canada to provide more than $10 billion of additional support, largely targeted to small and medium-sized businesses.
- The Canada Revenue Agency will allow all businesses to defer, until after August 31, 2020, the payment of any income tax amounts that become owing on or after today and before September 2020
- A number of measures to help businesses support their employees have also been announced. The one-week waiting period for Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits has been waived and new enhancements to the Work-Sharing Program have been introduced. Additionally, an Emergency Support Benefit will be introduced for workers facing unemployment who are not eligible for EI
- Canada's six biggest banks will provide financial relief to Canadians impacted by the economic consequences of COVID-19
- Farm Credit Canada will receive support from the Government of Canada that will allow for an additional $5 billion in lending capacity to producers, agribusinesses, and food processors
Helping Businesses Keep their Workers
Flexibility for Businesses Filing Taxes
Ensuring Businesses Have Access to Credit
Supporting Financial Market Liquidity